It’s time for another Friday Favorites! While I love all things shiplap, galvanized metal and crisp neutrals colors, it’s time to do a little updating. If you’ve been watching Fixer Upper you know that even Joanna has updated her signature look over the past three seasons. I know – just when you think you’ve mastered her design scheme, it’s time to change. That’s what trends do – they change. With just a few simple additions, your Fixer Upper look will be updated and ready to be a show-stopper.
- Add a touch of modern with a mid-century accent chair. You can easily incorporate this chair as long as you keep the color neutral. Read: No brightly colored leather accent chairs.
- Opt for a tufted couch. The infamous Chesterfield sofa made it’s appearance in Season 3 of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. If you really want to go for the gold, purchase a leather tufted couch as your statement piece for your living room.
- Get yourself a macrame hanging plant holder. I bet there’s a few of us who survived the arrival of these home accent pieces back in the 70’s. Well, they’re back. If you really want to make it pop, spray paint your plant pot gold.
- Speaking of the 70’s, get yourself some gold accents. If you’re shy to bring back the gold, start with a simple gold, geometric candle holder. Or this option for some added funk.
- Another great accent piece to update your Fixer Upper look is to add a geometric terrarium. Just add some stone and a succulent and it’s ready for the coffee table.
- When the cooler weather finally arrives, trade in your current throw pillow for a fur pillow. But only use just one. Too many will over power the room and make it look like you’re harboring an abominable snowman.
- Update your backsplash. Have you noticed that Joanna uses more than the usual subway tile these days? Update yours with hexagon mosaic tile and you’ll still have the crisp, clean feel that you love. Feeling brave? Update your backsplash with by stenciling to create the same look at Joanna does.